Wednesday 11 April 2012

Motivational reads.


Bought myself some reading material to help me get more motivated to exercise - especially with my jogging, cos the rain lately has really made my motivation to do it drop a lot.. I bought the Bodyfit magazine (http://www.bodyfitmagazine.co.uk/) from Tesco for £4.99, which came with the 'Get running & blast fat' magazine for free! And I bought the book, 'Run Fat B!tch Run' by Ruth Field on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/) for only £6.59 - bargain!

I haven't had a chance to read any of the book yet.. When I do read it and eventually finish it, I will attempt to write a mini book review on it for you guys (never wrote a book review before though, so it could go terribly wrong)!

I've quickly gone through and read a few articles in the Bodyfit magazine. One article I've really found interesting is the 'Supermodel Secrets' (page 18) which is an interview with Helena Christensen - one of the original supermodels and an icon to women around the world for the past 20+ years! She's apparently 43 and she looks INCREDIBLE! What I would do to have a body like her's.. She seems to swear by "Reebok easytones" (which she's wearing in her photos. I like the black ones!). These are crush trainers (I think) that help tone your legs as you walk. I'm pretty sure I saw some in my local Sports Direct store last time I was there.. So next time I'm near by, I am definitely going to go in and try a pair on! Maybe even buy myself a pair, depending on the price. 


There's also lots of low-kcal meals, diet plans, meal/snack ideas, food tips, etc. in there to help shed the lbs! One recipe that really caught my eye is the 'Classic Watercress Soup' (page 103) - mainly because of how low kcal it is. It makes 3 servings and according to the magazine it's only 100 kcal per serving! I may have to attempt this recipe soon. I've never made a soup before.. I've always wanted to but never really knew how to go about making one or had a recipe for one that sounded tasty enough to try.

The magazine's full of tips, advice and great exercise moves and routines. It is a great and interesting read - very motivating and informative! I recommend all of you exercise fanatics or even people who really want to get into exercise but don't have that motivation or little push they need to get out there and do it to PURCHASE THIS MAGAZINE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment