Tuesday 17 April 2012

Chocolate banana baked oatmeal.

I found an amazing breakfast recipe on the blog 'Budget Bytes'. It's called "chocolate banana baked oatmeal". I took her recipe and changed it up a bit to make each serving more healthy and less calories! I've managed to get the calories down from the original 340ish kcal to 236 kcal!

The only thing I did was change up the ingredients a little, but I did all the steps in exactly the same order as she did.

The ingredients I used:
- 2 small/medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 35g brown sugar
- 15g Splenda sweetener, granulated
- 45g reduced fat cocoa powder
- 2 cups/400ml Alpro almond milk
- 180g rolled oats

I made this last night so it was ready for me and my family to try for breakfast this morning. I think it tastes really great! I am definitely going to be making this again very soon! In my opinion, it reminds me of chocolate weetabix. It's spongy and soft and has an amazing chocolatey, bananary taste (that isn't too chocolatey to eat first thing in the morning) that I just can't get enough of! When I cut this up into 6 equal pieces, the sections seem to come out like slices of cake. But it doesn't taste like cake - it tastes breakfasty - but I eat it as if it's cake, cos cake is great, haha. I don't think it needs milk at all, which also saves washing up as you won't need a bowl or plate!

I recommend anyone who likes a sweet, chocolatey breakfast to try this recipe! I haven't tried the recipe with it's original ingredients, but I'm sure it's just as nice as this one! So it's your choice which you do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment