Saturday 23 June 2012

Fiery veggies!


If you love tomato and/or love hot food, you should love this! This dish is just something I threw together with all the random veggies in our fridge that needs to be eaten, and it actually tasted pretty good!

I fried (with "fry-light") button mushrooms and mini sweet peppers in a pan, and I cooked up some spinach. I then stuck it all together in a sauce pan with about 200g of passata, salt and freshly ground pepper and some crushed chilli, and heated it all up together (smells lovely by the way)! I then served it up in a bowl and stuck some cooked tomatoes on top. It only serves 1, and is VERY low kcal - it's only approx. 93 kcal for the whole bowl!

I know it's a lot of random foods just bunged together, but I really enjoyed it. Sometimes the weirdest things can taste so good together! So don't be afraid to experiment! For example, I like to have peanut butter with spinach in my sandwiches that I take in my packed lunch for college - sounds revolting but, in my opinion, it tastes lush! Yum yum! :)

Know of any peculiar food/drink combinations that taste rather amazing together? I would love to hear all about them & maybe even give some of them a go!



No comments:

Post a Comment