Saturday 2 June 2012

Aubergine sandwich!

Today I discovered the deliciousness that is an aubergine sandwich (also known as "eggplant" in the US). We bought one yesterday in our weekly shop because I was desperate to try it. So glad I did! One sandwich, using Weight Watchers bread, Flora light butter, fry light and 100g of aubergine is approx. 140 kcal. So very diet friendly and very yummy too!

Here's what I did:

You'll need:
- 100g aubergine
- 2 slices of Weight Watchers Malted Danish
- Fry Light (1 Cal spray)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flora light butter (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)

***Obviously you can use any type of bread, butter, ketchup, etc. that you'd like. This is just what I have used. I have used these specific ingredients for the purpose of keeping my meal as low-kcal as possible.***


Firstly slice approx. 100g of aubergine up into round slices and spray both sides of them and the frying pan with "fry light".

Now stick them on the pan and cook until both sides are well done (see first photo). Don't forget to season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper!

(This step is optional) - Stick 2 slices of Weight Watchers Malted Danish bread into the toaster and toast them to your liking. I like my toast just hot and on the verge of turning slightly brown.

Then if you'd like butter, butter the toast straight after it coming out the toaster, so it goes all nice and melty! I used flora light butter, which is 28 kcal for 10g.

Now stick the aubergines in the bread, and voila! You've got yourself a sandwich of deliciousy goodness!

Enjoy! ;)

P.S. this sandwich tastes really great with a tiny blob of ketchup! (Tesco ketchup is only 11 kcal per 10g).

No comments:

Post a Comment