Thursday 30 August 2012

Seafood and dill omelette.

Here is another lovely recipe I found in an old Slimming World recipe book of mine. I was flicking through it last night and spotted this. So I popped to the supermarket today and bought the ingredients so I could make it for myself for lunch. The original recipe serves 4, but I altered the recipe so it just serves 1. It originally includes Worcestershire sauce but I didn't include it as I don't have the money to buy a whole bottle of it, just to use 1/2 a tbsp of it.. Also the dill is suppose to be fresh, but I use dried dill as I use it quite often and fresh dill, although it tastes better, seems to go off too quickly for my liking. I purchased my raw seafood from the fish counter at the supermarket - it was pretty cheap.. Cheaper than I was expecting anyway (£1.44 for 120g). The dish, as made below - which serves 1, is approx. 264kcal! Filling and delicious - great for all you seafood lovers. ;)

Ingredients:
- 120g mixed seafood/fish pie mix
- lemon juice
- 15g red onion, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- sprinkle of dill
- fry light


Method:


1. Unless it's already cooked, season the seafood and fry with frylight until cooked through. Then place the seafood in a bowl with the lemon juice, spring onions and red onion, and toss to mix well.


2. Place the 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites into a bowl and lightly beat. Sprinkle in the dill and season. Spray a frying pan with fry light and place over a medium heat. Pour in the eggs and swirl to evenly coat the pan.


3. Sprinkle the seafood mixture onto the surface and reduce the heat. Cover and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until the omelette is just set and the base is golden.


4. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with some salad. Enjoy! ;)


P.S. Don't let your masterpiece end up like mine.. Please remember to turn the heat down and cover, as I completely forgot that step and mine ended up crumbling into a million pieces when I tried to pick it up, haha. Still tasted great but would have probably been a bit more moist and flavoursome and would've looked a lot more appetising all in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment