Monday 1 April 2013

Happy 1st birthday & 100th post!

This post is a double whammy - yesterday was this blog's 1st birthday and this is also this blog's 100th post.

I have had so much fun writing for my blog for the past year. Making up and trying recipes to post about is probably my favourite bit of it all. I also love getting feedback and receiving comments on my posts - I don't get them very often but I appreciate them all and love seeing what my readers have to say. I look forward to continuing to write for this blog, and I hope the quality of my posts will continue to improve as time goes on. Thank you everyone for the support and views!

In this past year I haven't changed much regarding my weight, but my fitness levels have improved and I have gained a bit of lean muscle here and there. I have joined a gym this past year, even though last year I said I'd never join one because I can't stay committed enough to get my money's worth.. But I seem to have proved myself wrong. I'm finding it hard to go regularly each week now because of the new rules about parking at work (I've already received one hefty parking fine.. I don't want another), but I am still managing to go around 2-3 times a week. I've had quite a lot of hiccups lately, food-wise and weight-wise, but I refuse to give up. I'm still battling with my love for chocolate and the occasional pizza night with my family or boyfriend...  I need to try and fully regain my willpower again, as the low mood I've had lately has totally knocked it off course.

Happy Easter, by the way! I have a love-hate relationship with this day of the year.. I love chocolate, but I hate the amount of chocolate I tend to receive. I hate how Easter is all about chocolate.. I just wish Easter was about apples or bananas or something else. Then I wouldn't have to battle with my love for the dark stuff, which then puts me in another battle with my weight. Every year I try and eat all the chocolate I receive at Easter in the shortest time possible, so I just have to deal with one really bad gain, instead of a steady gain over a longer period of time. That way, once it's all gone, I can work on getting the weight off again without any chocolatey distractions (this, I know, is probably not a great technique or good advice to give (and I don't really advise you to do this), but it's what works best for me. If I have no chocolate around, I can't eat it).

Once again, thank you to all my readers, both regular and first timers. Your support continues to keep me inspired to keep this blog going! <3

Here's some stats about the blog, for anyone who's interested:

Pageviews last month: 980
Pageviews all time history: 11,594

Top 3 most visited posts of all time:
#1 = Lets get naked in the snow, for charity! with 570 pageviews
#2 = Graze guilt-free high tea! with 535 pageviews
#3 = Shakeaway tip! with 505 pageviews

Top 5 pageviews from countries from all time:
#1 = United Kingdom with 7858 pageviews
#2 = United States with 1581 pageviews
#3 = France with 493 pageviews
#4 = Russia with 216 pageviews
#5 = Canada with 178 pageviews

No comments:

Post a Comment