Wednesday 2 January 2013

My New Year's resolutions.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, as I did. I had some fantastic company and received lots of lovely presents! 2012 literally flew by.. Before we know it, it'll be Christmas again! Happy New Year! I hope 2013 brings you and your families happiness. :)

As it's the beginning of a whole new year, it's time to set myself a New Years resolution!

Last year, my resolution was to start and stick to My Fitness Pal (a calorie counting app) to help me lose weight. It makes a massive change to be able to say I stuck to my resolution all year long! I used My Fitness Pal every single day, no matter how good or bad my calorie intake was (apart from one week, in May, I went to Turkey on holiday.. I couldn't get the internet to work on my phone). Of course I'm going to continue to use it, but it's now kind-of a habit, so it's not going to be a resolution of mine this year.


My personal resolutions for 2013 are:

- MAKE THIS YEAR MY THINNEST, HEALTHIEST AND FITTEST YEAR YET. (Basically lose weight, eat clean, get thin/toned).

- MAKE A BIGGER EFFORT TO MEET/CONTACT FAMILY AND FRIENDS MORE REGULARLY.


I have wasted no time and have thrown myself into my resolutions straight away! Today I stayed within my calories - (I know it's naughty, but I had no breakfast today.. I've been nursing a rather bad hangover from the celebrations the night before) noodles for lunch, smoked fish with boiled veg and sweet potato mash (all seasoned with lime juice) for tea and flavoured popcorn, one of my Graze punnets and some black grapes as little snacks throughout the day - all very delicious! Also I have written a letter to send to my Granny who lives abroad. We do contact each other, but not always very regularly. So I'm working on that already. :)

Good luck with any New Years resolutions you've set yourself. Feel free to share your resolutions - I'd love to hear some of them!

Oh, and just in case any one was wondering, I did gain a bit of weight over the festive season. In total, I gained 4 lbs. Not great, but nowhere near as horrendous as I was expecting, considering some of the foods I was eating (mainly chocolate)! It'll come back off easily, I'm sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment