Friday 22 February 2013

Homemade healthy banana "ice cream".

This is probably the most simple "recipe" I have ever made, and it's so delicious. A much funner way of eating a banana. I heard the idea on a tv programme last week (I honestly can't remember what programme though, sorry!) and thought I'd give it a go. This recipe tastes best when made with very ripe bananas, as they're much sweeter (and easier to mash). This will be perfect for all ages to enjoy in the upcoming Spring and Summer months, when the weather's hotter. Could even be a dessert for after dinner or enjoy as a little healthy snack between meal times.

Working out the calorie content for your plain banana "ice cream": Times 90 by however many bananas you've used, then divide it by however many servings you've made. That will give you your calorie content for each serving.

This is how I've made mine:

Ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas

Method:
1. Peel the 3 bananas, break them into 2/3 pieces and put them into a bowl.

2. Using a fork, mash them up until they become smooth as you can possibly get it.

3. Transfer put the mashed banana into 1 big lidded tub, or 2/3 smaller lidded tubs (for single servings).

4. Place the tub(s) into a freezer overnight.

5. Take out and leave to defrost for 10/15 minutes, or place the tub(s) into a microwave, on the "deforst" setting for about 30 seconds+, until the banana "ice cream" becomes slightly lose from the sides of the tub, but is still cold (this step is optional, but I find it makes it easier to get the spoon in to eat it).

Enjoy!

P.S. Since first making this recipe, I have thought up another way of changing this recipe up - making it even simpler to make, giving it a smoother texture and maybe even making it more delicious (with added flavours, instead of just banana)! I will be trying this recipe soon. Once I've done it, if it's a success, I'll post it up for you all to see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment